If you know of other poplar and willow-related events that we could list here, please send us a message with the relevant information.
2021 Annual General Meeting of the Poplar & Willow Council of Canada
Virtual AGM - Wednesday, August 25th - 12:00-3:00 pm - Alberta & Saskatchewan (11:00 am - 2:30 pm - BC; 1:00 - 4:30 pm - MB; 2:00 - 5:30 pm - ON & QC; 3:00 - 6:30 - NB, PE & NS; 3:30 - 7:00 - NL)
Two 30-minute presentations, followed by the PWCC Business Meeting.
- Emily Murphy (PhD student and consultant working with the East Prince Agri-Environment Association). Use of willows on Prince Edward Island to protect riparian zones and intercept agricultural nutrients (12:00 - 12:30 pm (MDT))
- Jason Meuleman (General Manager - Bionera). Partnership projects to use willows for phytoremediation in Alberta (12:30-1:00 pm (MDT))
- Watch this space for further details about the AGM
University of Minnesota Next-Gen Poplars Webinar Series
- a webinar series of research updates, aired by University of Minnesota Extension, hosted by Jeff Jackson.
- Creating the BioEconomy 2.0, presented by Darrel Fry, CEO, Advanced BioCarbon 3D
This presentation will be at 10-11 am (Central Time), Wednesday, July 14, 2021
Contact Jeff Jackson email@example.com
Watch for announcements of future webinars. Past webinars in this series have been recorded and are available at: this link
2021 North American Agroforestry Conference - virtual
June 28 - July 2, 2021
'Scaling up Agroforestry for Carbon Drawdown'
Co-hosted by the Association for Temperate Agroforestry and the Savanna Institute.
Registration N.B. Early-bird registration ended March 31.
Information including list of speakers
Woody Crops 2020 [POSTPONED TO SEPTEMBER 2021]
13th International Short Rotation Woody Crops Conference
Mills River, North Carolina, USA
21-23 September 2020 POSTPONED TO SEPTEMBER 2021 Watch for further announcements, and see Short Rotation Woody Crops Webinar series.
Hosted by North Carolina State University
26th Session of the International Commission on Poplars and other Fast-growing Trees sustaining People and the Environment (IPC) - VIRTUAL SESSION
'The role of Salicaceae and other fast-growing trees in sustainable wood supplies and climate change mitigation'
5-8 October, 2021
The IPC Session will include live interactions during the formal session of Members, as well as technical presentations and side events relevant to the IPC. Technical presentations and posters will be hosted online and live discussion meetings organized with the authors.
by **June 2** - submission of abstracts **DEADLINE EXTENDED**
by July 2 - notification of acceptance of abstracts
by Sept 10 - registration for Session
Canadian report to 2020 IPC Session - Activities related to the Cultivation and Utilization of Poplars, Willows and other Fast-Growing Trees in Canada 2016-2019. .